when building from source
Install the tools
Set up your directories
Create the same directory structure from your root device, like C:\metc\workspaces\base\code. Keep it as short as possible as there's a limitation in Windows on the length of filenames.
Download the source
Build the source
- Set your workspace to marketcetera/workspaces/base
- Set the target platform (Windows->Preferences->Plug-in Development->Target Platform)
- Select Add to create a new target platform
- Start with Nothing and click Next
- Name your target Marketcetera and click Add
- Choose Directory and click Next
- Browse to public/photon/maven/rcptarget/photon-target/eclipse and click OK
- Click Finish
- Click Finish
- Select the Marketcetera platform as the active platform and click OK
- Import projects (File->Import->General->Existing Projects into Workspace). Set the root directory to your top level code directory (marketcetera/workspaces/base/code/metc). Check Search for nested projects and select Finish. A popup may appear right away that says "build error". Just close this and ignore it. The code should build cleanly at this point.
If you have trouble compiling, check these items:
- Make sure you've built with Maven from the command-line successfully
- Make sure you start Eclipse with a Java 7 JRE/JDK
- Make sure you've included 'eclipse:eclipse' as one of the Maven goals (along with install)
- Make sure you've defined your Maven executable properly in Eclipse. You can double-check this by opening the Navigator view and running the Maven builder under the core project. This should dump Maven output to the Console View.
- Make sure you checked the 'search for nested projects' box when importing projects. There should be 45 projects when you're done.